- Category: Performance
- Published on Monday, 22 October 2012 21:58
- Written by Andrew Weckstein
- Hits: 4000
Some info about trustfire batteries:
Trustfires are lithium ion batteries. You cannot use them in your normal electronics. the increased voltage will break your gameboy/TV remote/etc. However since the circut in the hailfire is so simple, increased voltage will just cause they motors to spin faster giving you increased dart velocity and range. They also need a special charger, which I will talk about later.
Using 4 trustfire batteries gives you a total voltage of 14.8V as opposed to 6V stock. I have had no problems with my gun being damaged by increased voltage.
However some people may not be comfortable using voltages this high above what was intended. For those, I recommend you take a standard AA battery, cover the ends with a strip of electrical tape and wrap them in aluminum foil. This will allow the battery to act as a simple conductor, or a blank. You can mix blanks with the trustfires, but DO NOT MIX BOTH TRUSTFIRES AND REGULAR AA BATTERIES. Using blanks, you can run your gun at 7.4V (2 trustfire, 2 blanks) or 12.1V (3 trustfire, 1 blank) instead of 6V volts (stock, 4 standard 1.5V AA batteries) or 14.8V (4 trustfire batteries).
For those of you like me who want to use 4 trustfires, don't hold your trigger down for extended periods of time. I have had the motor stop running after ~15 minutes of prolonged use. This is due to a resistor specifically designed to shut off the motor if the gun starts to get too hot. Don't worry, it will start working again in a few minutes, but it may be a good idea to run 3 trustfires and a blank. Will update with results.
- Buy batteries
- Batteries used are trustfire 14500
- 3.7 volts as opposed to 1.5 volts on normal AA
- Can directly replace standard AA batteries on nerf guns as they are the same size
- Buy two packs (each comes with 2 batteries)
- Total price: 8.80
- Buy Charger
- A normal battery charger WILL NOT WORK.
- Lithium ion batteries need a special charger
- Total Price: 8.40
- Wait patiently for items to arrive
- Charge batteries
- Install batteries in hailfire
- Replace the AA batteries you are using with the trustfire 14500s
- Own face
- Load up your hailfire with 4 raider drums to own more face